WID is excited to welcome one and all to our annual event, the Critical Issues Forum, at the Ed Roberts Campus October 28, 2016! The topic of the day: ABLE Accounts.
The ABLE Act is the new tax-advantaged savings opportunity that allows eligible persons with disabilities to save up to $100,000 without risking federal disability benefits. Read more about WID’s work with the ABLE Act here.
After the Critical Issues Forum, we will have the Ever Widening Circle Reception, during which we will network and enjoy light refreshments.
If you’d like to join us, RSVP!
Critical Issues Forum
- ABLE Accounts Informative Session: Learn the nuts and bolts of the 3 currently available national ABLE programs, as well as hear from the director of California’s ABLE and provide your input to help shape the program.
- ABLE Accounts Interactive Session: With guidance from WID staff members, go through the process of opening an ABLE account in real time and learn about how you can help advocate to improve the ABLE Act through important pending legislation.
Ever Widening Circle Reception
The Ever Widening Circle Reception will allow WID to connect with our supporters and disability community leaders and will create a space for continuing the discussions begun during the forum presentations in a more casual environment.
Be sure to RSVP to WID’s annual event today!
Schedule at a Glance
- 9:00am-9:30am: registration/check-in (Osher Rooms)
- 9:30am-11:30am: ABLE Accounts Informative Session
- 11:30am-1:00pm: Lunch (catered for those who RSVP)
- 1:00pm-3:30pm: ABLE Accounts Interactive Session
- 3:30pm-5:00pm: Reception (Ramp Circle)
- What: Policy Summit and Ever Widening Circle reception
- When: Friday, October 28, 2016; 9:00am-5:00pm
- Where: Osher Boardrooms in the Ed Roberts Campus (3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley, CA 94703; above Ashby BART station)
Don’t forget to RSVP!
Main content end