For Immediate Release
Berkeley, CA, USA–The World Institute on Disability welcomes four new members to the Board of Directors. These representatives from law and policy, technology and banking include:
- Tali Bray, San Francisco, Chief Information Officer for IT for IT, Wells Fargo
- Darlene Hemerka, Equal Justice Works Fellow, the Public Interest Law Center
- Neil Milliken, Head of Accessibility & Digital Inclusion, Atos
- Brian Scarpelli, Senior Policy Counsel, ACT | The App Association
“These four outstanding individuals bring to WID enhanced ability to view our work through a broader geographic lens and to strengthen the impact of our work by building on expertise from technology, industry, law and disability rights as we confront critical issues facing people with disabilities both domestically and internationally,” said WID CEO, Anita Aaron.
Bray, Hemerka, Milliken, and Scarpelli join WID’s current board members:
- Carol J. Bradley, J.D., Chair, Disability Compliance Officer, Sutter Health
- Heather Dowdy, Vice Chair, Accessibility Program Lead, Microsoft
- Claire Forrest, Public Relations Coordinator, MacPhail Center for Music
- Kevin Foster, Director of HR Operations, Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Sheridan Gates, MED, PCC, Treasurer Executive Coach, Purpose At Work
- Eli Gelardin, Secretary, Executive Director, Marin Center for Independent Living (MCIL)
- Malcom Glenn, Public Policy Manager, Uber
- Nanci Linke-Ellis, Partner, General Manager, Captionfish
- Julie McCarthy, former Director of Human Resources, Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired, San Francisco
- Ari Ne’eman, Chief Executive Officer, MySupport.com
- Michael Palmer, Senior Manager, Accessibility and Regulatory, T-Mobile
- Debra Ruh, CEO, Ruh Global Communications
- Frances W. West, IT Executive
- Rachel S. Wolkowitz, J.D., Wilkinson Barker Knauer LLP
For more information about WID’s Board, go to the Meet Our Board page.
Main content end