Note: This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
The World Institute on Disability (WID) is an internationally recognized nonprofit public policy center. WID’s mission, in communities and nations worldwide, is to eliminate barriers to full social integration and increase employment, economic security, and health care for persons with disabilities. WID creates innovative programs and tools; conducts research, public education, training, and advocacy campaigns; and provides technical assistance.
Currently WID operates with a staff of 10 employees, a variety of interns and volunteers, and numerous partners and collaborators; with corporate headquarters located at the Ed Roberts Campus in Berkeley, California. Since its founding in 1983, WID has earned a reputation for high-quality research and public education on a wide range of issues. The Board of Directors and staff, over half of whom are people with disabilities, are respected national leaders in the disability rights field as well as in industry, government, and social services. This enables WID to bring a cross-disability perspective to the policy arena. Information on WID’s programs can be found at www.wid.org.
The Projects Coordinator position directly supports the Director of Operations and the daily operations of the agency by responding to information and referral requests, assisting in WID front office/reception area related duties and providing reasonable accommodation upon request to staff with disabilities. Additionally, this position will be trained to be a researcher to proctor and work on WIDs disability usability testing program. This position assists in special event planning, including event logistics, registration, and donor acknowledgements. This position assists in the development and distribution of website, print, video and social media communication collateral. In addition, the Projects Coordinator will be assigned to various contract/grant project work that includes research and service initiatives.
40 hours per week
- Experience using MS Office Suite, dropbox, Gmail and the Internet
- Professional writing and oral communication skills
- Experience using office equipment and phones
- Friendly, conscientious, organized, detail oriented, punctual
- Works well independently, takes initiative
- Quick learner, ability to problem solve
- Ability to travel for project related assignments
- Experience creating PowerPoint documents and visual presentations of complex data
- Experience using Internet sites to efficiently arrange, purchase and track multiple travel itineraries
- Experience proofreading, formatting and mailing newsletter articles using email campaign software such as MailChimp
- Experience with online survey software (such as Survey Gizmo) and data analysis
- Experience with content management systems, WordPress experience preferable
- Video production experience preferred
- Experience with event planning and marketing
- Knowledge of and/or personal experience with Independent Living history and philosophy
- Experience performing personal assistance services to people with disabilities
Director of Operations
Non-Exempt, full-time, benefits
$40,000.00 annual salary
Send Resume, Cover letter and References to: World Institute on Disability
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (WID acknowledges receipt of applications by email only)
Application Deadline: June 29, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. PDT
Proposed Start Date: Mid-July
- Address reasonable accommodation requests for the application/interview process to email@example.com.
- WID promotes a scent/chemical free environment. To support this effort, WID asks that all applicants refrain from wearing scented products while in its office.
WID cannot cover the cost of travel or relocation, but encourages all interested applicants to apply.
The World Institute on Disability is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. Individuals will not be discriminated against regardless of race, ethnicity, religion (creed), national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability or veteran status, and other personal characteristics.
Main content end