For the fourth consecutive year, the World Institute on Disability (WID) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. is partnering with several civil rights and community development organizations to highlight conference accessibility.
Much like previous years, WID and JPMorgan Chase achieved this by providing accessibility enhancements, such as sign language interpreters, open captioning, accessible transportation, rented mobility devices, sighted guides, scholarships for Disability Ambassadors, and a disability concierge desk, as well as support and training for conference organizers, hotel staff, and A/V teams.
WID was delighted to partner again with captioner, Deanna Baker, who helped us ensure thousands of people experienced open captioning for the first time!
Organizations Served in 2019
- Financial Health Network (formerly CFSI): May 14-16
- NeighborWorks America (Training Institute): August 19-23
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI): Setember 10-11
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF): September 11-15
- Independent Sector (Upswell): November 13-15
- CFE Fund (Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund): captioning only
- The Leadership Conference: captioning only
If you haven’t already, be sure to visit our main Conference Accessibility Initiative page to learn more about our initiative.
Financial Health Network (formerly CFSI) EMERGE
Read about the experience in the words of our Financial Health Network EMERGE Conference Disability Ambassadors:
And enjoy some photos from the event:
NeighborWorks National Training Institute
Read about the experience in the words of our NeighborWorks Disability Ambassadors:
Here are some photos from the event:
Check back for more photos & blogs as we go!
Main content end