For the fifth consecutive year, the World Institute on Disability (WID) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. partnered with civil rights and community development organizations to highlight & improve conference accessibility.
Much like previous years, WID and JPMorgan Chase will achieve this by providing accessibility enhancements, such as sign language interpreters, open captioning, accessible transportation, rented mobility devices, sighted guides, scholarships for Disability Ambassadors, and a disability concierge desk, as well as support and training for conference organizers, hotel staff, and A/V teams. Additionally, as some conferences move online in response to COVID-19, we are working with organizers to make their virtual events accessible to people with disabilities.
WID is delighted to partner again with captioner, Deanna Baker, who has helped us bring open captioning to thousands of conference participants for 5 years!
Organizations to Serve in 2020
Check back regularly for updates as organizations continue to shift plans in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NeighborWorks America Training Institute (NTI): August 17 – 21, 2020 in Washington, DC
- National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development: September 14 – 16 in Seattle, WA
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation (CBCF) Annual Legislative Conference: September 15 – 20 in Washington, DC
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Foundation (CHCI) Annual Leadership Conference: September 15 – 17 in Washington, DC
- Prosperity Now Prosperity Summit: September 30 – October 2 in National Harbor, MD
- National Fair Housing Alliance National Conference: October 8 – 12, 2020 in Washington, DC
- Association for Financial Counseling & Planning Education: November 18-20 in New Orleans, LA
Scholarships Offered in 2020
Would you like to be a trailblazer for disability inclusion at some of the most influential civil rights and community development conferences in America? Would you like to do this while being supported by a generous scholarship and a team of fellow disability advocates? If so, apply to be a 2020 Disability Ambassador today!
To see more photos and read blogs from our Disability Ambassadors, visit the 2019 Conference Accessibility Initiative page.
Main content end.