Hosted by the Global Alliance for Disaster Resource Acceleration (GADRA)
Share your COVID-19 experience – we’re listening:
When disaster strikes, disability-led organizations are the ones on the ground, trying to fill the gaps without equitable access to traditional disaster relief channels.
We’re bringing disability leaders and trusted allies together in disasters to disrupt exclusion and accelerate radical inclusion.
How will we do it?
We’re listening: What’s happening? What do you need?
We’re organizing: Where are the gaps? Who has the resources?
We’re building: A more equitable response to COVID-19, and whatever comes next.
We will continue to host these Global Disability and Disaster Town Hall meetings on a regular basis.
Past Global Disability + Disaster Town Hall Meetings
Session 4: October 15, 2020
Thursday, October 15 from 12:00 noon – 1 pm EDT/4 pm -5 pm UTC
Session 3: September 17, 2020
Thursday, September 17 from 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm EDT/4:00pm-5:30pm UTC
Session 2: June 4, 2020
Thursday, June 4 from 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm EDT/4:00pm-5:30pm UTC
With opening remarks from German Parodi, Co-Executive Director, Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies
Recorded session + transcript:
Text file (.TXT) available by email at email@example.com
Session 1: May 7, 2020
Thursday, May, 2020 from 1 – 2:30 PM EDT
Marcie Roth, WID’s Executive Director/CEO, creator and former director of FEMA’s Office of Disability Integration and Coordination provided opening remarks and engaged conversation with disability community disaster response leaders. The webinar then opened and become a community forum for sharing and storytelling as we, the disability community, reframed the debate on disability inclusion in disaster planning, response and mitigation.
Recorded session + transcript:
Additional GADRA Events
Global Disability + Disasters Panel: A Conversation with Young Leaders
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Moderated by Priya Penner of The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies and GADRA, the panel brings together four dynamic young leaders with disabilities from around the world:
- Minerva Green, Sophomore, Student Government Association, The University of The Bahamas, The Bahamas
- Borbála Ivicsics, International Communications Manager, FREEKey, Hungary
- Faith Njahîra, Independent Consultant and Co-Founder, Muscular Dystrophy Society Kenya
- Sabrina Epstein, Student Researcher and Communications Intern, The John Hopkins Disability Health Research Center, Johns Hopkins University, United States
The panel was made possible with the support of GADRA’s Executive Committee Members and Founder’s Circle. Appropriately, the event included supportive remarks from three key supporters:
- Tali Bray, CIO, Enterprise Services & Portfolio Management, Wells Fargo (WID Board of Directors);
- Elaine Katz, Senior Vice President for Grants and Communication, Kessler Foundation (GADRA Founder’s Circle Member);
- Isabel Hodge, Executive Director for the United States International Council on Disabilities (GADRA Founders Circle Member) and Vice President of Disabled Peoples’ International North America Caribbean.
To learn more about this event, read the event summary, available at the following link:
Launch of the Global Alliance for Disaster Resource Acceleration
To learn more about the Global Alliance for Disaster Resource Acceleration (GADRA), visit the following link:
If you are having technical issues or accessibility issues on this site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main content end