A world where people with disabilities live fully integrated lives economically and socially.
WID’s mission in communities and nations worldwide is to eliminate barriers to full social integration and increase employment, economic security, and health care for persons with disabilities. WID creates innovative programs and tools; conducts research, public education, training, and advocacy campaigns; and provides technical assistance.
WID’s mission is realized when there is full employment at the same rate as the general population; the barriers to asset building are removed, and people with disabilities have the tools, information, and resources to achieve economic security and build wealth; and people with disabilities have seamless, continuous access to affordable, quality health care and support services.
Working toward Equality
WID aspires to work in a world with cultures where:
- Disability is a natural part of the human condition,
- People with disabilities have equal rights to their own self determination,
- People with disabilities drive public policy issues and priorities,
- Disability is a global issue,
- People with disabilities have the right to make informed choices,
- Information and education promote employment for all,
- People with disabilities have the right to earn a living and live independently,
- Accessible, affordable health care and community supports are essential rights that support employment and well being,
- The disability experience is in the arts, media and wider culture, and
- Information technologies are accessible to all people with disabilities.
If you are having technical issues or accessibility issues on this site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main content end