WID addresses health care disparities for people with disabilities by working to improve access to quality, culturally competent health care, and services by conducting research, training health care professionals, and improving access to fitness, nutrition, and peer-support activities.
Our initiatives include:
- Nutrition Education, Weight-management, Disability Obesity Options, & Resources (NEW DOOR)
- Disability FEAST Cookbook Plus
- Access to Medical Care DVD Set & Training Curriculum
- Curriculum on Abuse Prevention and Empowerment (CAPE)
- Medical Advocacy Project (MAP) for Health Access
WID’s health and wellness wing is also careful to keep an eye on disability health movements and news outside of the United States. For example, here are three excellent Spanish publications about independent living and violence again women with disabilities:
- Complete PDF: Vida Independiente: Nuevos Modelos Organizativos (Independent Living: New Organizational Models)
- Complete PDF: Mujer y Discapacidad (Report on Violence and Disabled Women)
- Complete PDF: Guia sobre Violencia y Mujer con Discapacidad (Guide on Violence and Disabled Women)
For more information about any health and wellness program, contact Marsha Saxton, WID’s Director of Research and Training/Project Director, at email@example.com.
If you are having technical issues or accessibility issues on this site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main content end