The WID-JPMorgan Chase & Co. Conference Accessibility Initiative launched in 2016. In 2018, we are excited for the third year of this pioneering work. For this effort, WID, in partnership with JPMorgan Chase, is actively striving to make community development and policy conferences more accessible to and inclusive of people with disabilities.
Across America, convenings of civil rights and community development organizations help to set the economic opportunity agenda. Unless the conferences fully integrate disability access issues into their content–and people with disabilities are present–the needs and perspectives of the disability community will be largely left out of the discussion.
Through disability accommodations, scholarships, and training, WID and JPMorgan Chase continue to make conference accessibility and economic opportunity more inclusive to the 54 million Americans with disabilities.
- Read the press release for information about the kickoff in March 2016.
- Visit our 2016 Conference Accessibility Initiative page to read about the first year of the initiative.
- Visit our 2017 Conference Accessibility Initiative page to read about the second year of the initiative.
- Visit our 2018 Conference Accessibility Initiative page to read about the third year of the initiative.
- Read about our primary captioner, Deanna Baker, who ensured thousands of people experienced open captioning for the first time in 2016 and who will continue her great work with us as the initiative proceeds.
Organizations Served in 2018
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity: April 30-May 2
- NeighborWorks America, Kansas City Training Institute: May 7-11
- Center for Financial Services Innovation: June 6-8
- National Fair Housing Alliance: June 10-12
- Florida Housing Coalition: August 27-29 (Florida Residents Only)
- Prosperity Now (formerly CFED): September 5-7
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute: September 11-13
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation: September 12-16
Scholarships Offered in 2018
Note: Our scholarship applications are closed for the year. Please, check back later for updates!
Would you like to be a trailblazer for disability inclusion at some of the most influential civil rights and community development conferences in America? Would you like to do this while being supported by a generous scholarship and a team of fellow disability advocates? If so, apply to be a 2018 Disability Ambassador today!
Conference Accessibility Tools
- WID Conference Accessibility Checklist (PDF)
- Disability-Friendly Presenter Guidelines (PDF)
- Five Steps to Make Your Presentations Accessible (Video below):
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
If you are having technical issues or accessibility issues on this site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main content end