Fight for Right, GADRA, and a team of experienced security personnel, are working around the clock to provide evacuation and shelter-in-place solutions that other humanitarian actors are not providing to Ukranians with disabilities. This response includes acquisition and provision of:
- Accessible evacuation, border crossing assistance, and resettlement
- Case management and care coordination
- Centralized operations & communications
- Mutual aid and agency networks
- Individual and mental health assistance
- Broad reaching systemic advocacy
- Personal safety and protection
- Disability related services and support
- Disability-led engagement individual assistance and mental health support
The human rights of Ukrainian people with disabilities continue to be violated, their lives endangered, and their needs discarded. These atrocities require a global action.
GADRA understands that for global impact we must all begin locally and apply full force of our combined efforts on behalf of Ukrainians with disabilities.
In recent days GADRA has:
- GADRA has deployed their full capacity in a comprehensive response to this disaster
- Continued to support Fight For Right to manage their caseload of over 400 people needing evacuation to safe and appropriate destinations
- Engaged with global agencies also interested in action on behalf of people with disabilities
On March 10, 2022, the Global Alliance for Disaster Resource Acceleration held a webinar where Fight for Right (FFR) provided an update on the situation for Ukrainians with disabilities. Watch the full webinar and click through to read the full transcript.
WID is featured on CNN’s Impact Your World initiative to help humanitarian efforts in Ukraine. Enter the amount you wish to donate and select ‘World Institute on Disability’ from the list of 39 organizations. Your contribution will help us provide support to disability-led organizations aiding people with disabilities in Ukraine. Click here to donate via CNN’s Impact Your World Initiative.